Head Teacher's Welcome
I am very pleased to welcome you to our website; I hope it provides a sense of our ethos and useful information about our school community.
Milstead and Frinsted Church of England Primary School is a small, rural, Church of England school set in idyllic surroundings at the edge of the village of Milstead. Although it is set amongst beautiful woods and orchards, it is only ten minutes away from Sittingbourne town centre.
We aim to provide offer a caring, encouraging environment, enabling all members of the school community to grow in self-esteem, individuality and independence, learning and working within a happy, secure environment founded on Christian values. We aim to nurture children’s talents and abilities, providing opportunities for each child to reach their full potential and be happy, confident, resilient and enthusiastic learners. We understand the importance of working in partnership with parents and we value parental involvement in children’s learning, as well as encouraging children to be actively involved in their own learning.
We currently have 105 children on roll divided in to four classes. We are steeped in history as the school was founded in 1848 and is still partly housed in the original buildings, although there is a modern extension which was completed in 2000 and a new classroom which was opened in January 2015. The grounds include an all weather playground, fixed play equipment, a playing field and a tree trail, that ensures all children can take part in a variety of sporting and physical activities.
In March 2017 we had a GOOD Ofsted inspection. Click here to read the report and to see what Ofsted say about our school and the children.
Our vision is to be a happy and safe school within our community where the Christian values of love, kindness, co-operation, forgiveness and wisdom are evident in everything that we do, alongside our school aim which is to: work hard, be kind, trust God.
Through nurturing our children, both academically and spiritually, we aim to provide them with secure foundations for life, so that they leave us with an excellent education, self-confidence, independence, respect for others and a love of learning.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Reflecting on the teachings of Jesus Christ in our daily lives.
- Modelling the Christian values of the school.
- Helping children develop a sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline in order to become caring and responsible citizens
- Seeing all children as individuals, helping them to celebrate and achieve their potential.
- Working closely with children and parents in pursuit of the highest standards
- Fostering a lasting love of learning through creative teaching.
- Encouraging all members of our school to develop their personal understanding of Christianity and Christian values by daily collective worship, example and teaching
- To further develop our close links with the local church and community
If you would like to find out more about us, visits from prospective parents are welcomed. Please contact our school office to make an appointment.A website can only give you a snapshot of our school. To get a clearer picture, please feel free to contact the school and arrange a visit. We look forward to meeting you.
Mrs Katherine Baker, Head Teacher