Latest NewsView More
Head of School's Welcome
Welcome to Milstead and Frinsted Church of England Primary School website! We hope that you find it useful and informative.
Milstead and Frinsted Church of England Primary School is a small, rural, Christian school set in idyllic surroundings at the edge of the village of Milstead. Although it is set amongst beautiful woods and orchards, it is only ten minutes away from Sittingbourne Town Centre.
We boast small class sizes as we currently have 91 children on roll divided in to four classes, so around 25 in each class (plus reception). We are steeped in history as the school was founded in 1848 and is still partly housed in the original buildings, although there is a modern extension which was completed in 2000 and a new classroom which was opened in January 2015. The grounds include an all weather playground, a playing field and a tree trail, that ensures all children can take part in a variety of sporting and physical activities.
In July 2013 we had a GOOD Ofsted inspection. Click here to read the report and to see what Ofsted say about our school and the children.
Our School Mission Statement:
We aim to create a happy, secure and Christian learning environment for all members of our school.
The aims of our school:
- For children to enjoy school and learning in a safe environment;
- For children to develop a sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline;
- To work closely with children and parents in pursuit of the highest standards
- To develop children’s own strategies for learning and improving;
- To deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that reflects the needs of or children
- To encourage all members of our school to develop their personal understanding of Christianity and Christian values by daily collective worship, example and teaching
- To further develop our close links with the local church and community.
If you would like to find out more about us, visits from prospective parents are welcomed. Please contact our school office to make an appointment.A website can only give you a snapshot of our school. To get a clearer picture, please feel free to contact the school and arrange a visit. We look forward to meeting you.
Mrs Katherine Baker, Head Teacher