School dinners are provided by Principals catering and conform to the government healthy standards. Ordering is easy - your child simply tells the teacher that they will be having a school dinner when the Dinner Register is taken each morning.
Dinners cost £2.30 and can be paid for in advance or on the day online at www.principals-catering.com. Please note online payment system offered by Principals does not include ordering which is done daily in class and is for payment only.
Every infant age child (in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2) is entitled to free school dinners. We strongly recommend that parents make the most of this entitlement.
Pupil premium and Free School Meals
Although all children in years R, 1 and 2 are entitled to Universal Free school meals, if you are also entitled to free school meals on the basis of income, in any year group including R, 1 and 2, your child will also be eligible for Pupil Premium funding. We can only identify children eligible for pupil premium funding if you apply for free school meals via KCC
Pupil Premium funding allows us to support children in a number of ways that can have a strong impact on children’s learning.
If you are unsure as to whether your child is entitled to the Pupil Premium, it is worth registering them to find out. If successful, it will have a direct impact on the funding the school receives and we will maximise the support we can provide.
if you receive any one of the following benefits you may be eligible:
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Eligibility for free school meals is entirely confidential. If you need help with the application process or any support in this area please contact Mrs Deeson or Mrs Baker in confidence.